Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
yhcln1

Media pc help

Hey everyone, I have one more question. I have just purchased a windows media PC with the ability of recording TV shows. Now, out of curiousity, is there a possible wireless setup that would enable me to view the prerecorded shows in a different room? In other words, without the use of wires, is there some kind of imitated gateway or router sort of thing that'll 'transfer' the prerecorded show which originates from my computer in one room to another computer ( or simply a television ) in another room? If there is no such thing, is there an alternate way to view the show (on a television) in the other room with wires (preferably without the use of a xbox 360)?

Pretty sure this is exactly what Media Extenders are for (Linksys and D-link make wireless ones as well as other network companies). Looking at another forum (www.thegreenbutton.com) would probably lend you more specific answers. I am also pretty sure that any streaming video would have to be converted to WMV to work with the MCE Media Extenders.