Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
manitu

New pc restarts by itself

Hi it is my first post so I will trie to describe my problem in best way.

I just build up pc, istalled all windows and all drivers. Windows are loding normaly. My cpu temperature is from 40 to 50 celsius. And then I am runing more then one program o playing game it just restarts with no eror message with nothing. Here is my PC information:

Asus P5ND2 SLI

Pentiun 4 3.6Ghz with 2mb cach

Ram 1GB DDR2 667Mhz

Maxtor SATA 300GB

GeForce XFX 7800GTX OC

Power suplie 550W

I hope someone will help.

Thx

Just reboots? Hmmm, sounds like you have a certain checkmark that is checkmarked....

Anyway, do the following:

Not sure how your computer is configured, so, I'll do a roundabout way in getting what we need done.

blah

Okay, click Start, Run, Control Panel, then double click System (or Windows key + Pause/Break key). Once system is up, click on the TAB Advanced. Next click on Settings under "Error Reporting"

Once a new window appears, Under the area where there is "System Failure", which has "Write an event to the system log", "Send an administrative alert", you want to uncheck "Automatically Restart". Once you have done this, the next time your computer reboots, it should display the error. Please post the information here.

OR

Been awhile since I've been here, please post an attachment of your DUMP file, located withing c:\windows\minidump (the most recent one).

Ok I got the error

STOP: 0x0000001 (0xFEE7A360, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF6D43B94)

ALCXWDM.SYS - Address F6D43B94 base at F6D0E000, DateStamp 42b11dd3

And also where was written that memory dump was complete.

according to google ALCXWDM.SYS is a driver for an onboard AC97 (sound card) so either if you actually have a pci sound card go into your bios and disable the audio altogether. on the other if you dont have another sound card try to uninstall those drivers and go download the newest one for your particular motherboard

Hello guys,

I'm having same problem as manitu, it restarts my pc when ever i open downloading device as , Emule, Soulseek, Limewire

My error is writting,

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFFFFFFF0, 0x00000001, 0x804E13CA, 0x00000000)

I hope this error would say soemthing shocked

Now i have a new error

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL x)

[Edited by Yahko on 2005-10-30 17:35:48]

Right now I getting new error and I can't find a solution for it:

Win32k.sys

are you overclocking anything? If so bring everything back to normal.

If using two sticks of ram take one at a time out and test.. do you still get crashes.

do the crashes only happen using certain programs and not others?

S

I do not overclock, my pc crashes on games or then using more then one program, or sometimes when windows are loading, and I have only one memory stick.

I ran windows memory testing diagnostic and I got that only fails LRAND test. All others are good.

if you still got a warranty use it cause clearly theres something wrong with your system whether it actually be the ram or something else as the result of Memtest should come out flawlessly so one error is one too many

Thanks a lot everyone, the problem was RAM I bougth new stick and now everything works great. Thanks again