Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kRogue

logitech mouse and buttons

Hi all,

I dual boot between win98SE and win2K (and Linux too, but that does not matter for this question). For my mouse (a logitech mx500) under win98SE both buttons on the side are labeled as "button 3 or middle mouse button" by games... under win2K the buttons are marked as button 4 and then button 5 (the button on the left side is marked as button 4 and the one on the right is button 5). In both systems the 2 buttons where ones fingers are (i.e where the mouse wheel is) are marked button 1 and button 2.

At first I though *great* now the button near my thumb all have a unique ID, but then in truth the botton on the right is not reachable unless I use m other hand and then the one on the left is usused (gee, the mouse is for left or right hand, duh) and a fiar number of games don't bother to registering a mouse button press past button 3, so now my question: is there anyway that I can remap the mouse buttons under win2K? (note for both windows OS's I got the mouse drivers off of the Logitch website).

Bet Regards

I've had the same problem with my Logitech mice... certain games just don't recognize buttons 4, 5, 6, etc.

I have had limited success by disabling the Logitech software on boot and only using the mouse driver. However, you lose the advanced features of the mouse in Windows.