Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
currie1990

MSN stupid virus---please help or else i will have to reformat.

When i signed into msn, i spoke to somebody and it came up with something that included a link...so naturally i clicked the link and it has now put some sort of a virus onto my computer, which is using my account and sending the same link i recieved to all of my contacts..and then after it sends them the link i can not open up a conversation with them unless i sign out and back in again..and when i tried to go into system restore to go back a day..the virus has deleted all my restore points, and also when i try to go into windows firewall (which it disabled) and my norton firewall and all my virus software, it just exits them off straight away before i can do anything, so i went into run then went to msconfig, went into startup and that also closed off. but then i opened it up and very quickly went into startup then clicked disable all, and then apply, and then i restarted my computer..after that my computer was fine and i could go into my firewall etc..but then when i went back into msconfig to enable everything again..because i was unsure about what i had disabled.. it started doing it again...has anyone ever encountered this before? Help will be much appreciated..and i would much prefer to avoid having to format my computer.

Go to this addy and run the online scan and see what it shows, you should be able to remove the virus then.

http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

One suggestion though, you should not run two firewalls at the sametime. It is bound to cause you more problems then it will help.

The same rule applies with anti-virus software, never run 2 at the sametime

its easy, all u have to do is backup ur files.encrypt them and delete the infected files then reformat ur com.and ther u go a clean computer.and i advise you use only 1 firwall and an encrypter like me

i got 1 firewall certain websites are blocked and i use a encrypter when i go onto msn.