Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
horna

Connect3D Ati Radeon x850 Pro 256mt startup problem

btw, this is my first post ever smile

I'm having serious trouble with my new connect3d radeon x850 pro. After installing the card and booting up my computer, my monitor

(Samsung SyncMaster 710T) gets no signal from the card, it just stays black. During startup I can see the "Analog" - "Digital" sign flashing in the corner of the monitor while the monitor is searching for the right signal from the card, but after about 10 seconds it just stops and turns completely black. I took the card back to the shop where I bought it for a mainentance check, but it worked 100 % fine on their test machine.

Personally I think it's a matter of compatibility problems with my motherboard (AsRock K7VT4A+). I updated my BIOS (1.20 -> 1.30) hoping that it would solve the problem, but no sugar.

Please share any ideas you might have, because the only thing I can come up with anymore is to buy a new motherboard, and spending money is never a good thing, at least for me smile Any help will be really appreciated!

Okay, so before installing the new card, you went through: Device Manager and removed your old card, right?

If you didn't. Windoze can be trying to boot with your old card still(yes, even XP has brainfarts), and it just isn't there. Try booting up in safe mode, removing the old drivers, then rebboting again, with the new card.

If you have to, reboot in safe mode, and install the drivers for the new card that way.

I guarantee you have a driver issue. wink

BTW, welcome to the forums. smile

Thanks for the reply!

The only problem is, that I can't see ANYTHING when booting - not even the very first messages during startup confirming IDE checks and processor speed and all that... dunno what to call them smile And my previous card was a radeon 9700 using the same catalyst drivers, so I doubt it's a driver issue. But thanks anyway smile

No, I can't ;( I can't see ANYTHING with the new card installed, not in any stage.

Same prob here, but it's a HIS X800GT. I noticed two tiny switches on the top of the card at the back beside the PCI connectors. something to do with that maybe?

please reply, or mail me at

krezeb@hotmail.com

thank you.

Is it a PCI Express card or an AGP card?

Does it need an extra power lead connecting? Some powerful cards need extra power for it to work correctly.

Make sure the correct slot is selected for graphics is enabled in BIOS setup eg PCI, AGP or PCI-Express.

I do know that most PCI-E cards require extra power (See most ATi Cards) directly from the Power Source.. Were there any extra cabels that came with the card that look like they could plug into the Power Source?

It could be that your Power Supply can't handle the whole comp, and doesn't supply the nessasary power to the 3D Card..

What size (in Watts) is your current Powersource?

What kind of processer?

RAM?

How many HD's?

Are there any Case Fans, and if there are, How Many?

I just upgraded to a AMD64 3500, and a PCI-E.. my old 350W power supply couldn't handle it. Bought a 420W, and runs fine.

If you can, borrow a larger Power Supply from a friend and plug it into your computer.

Wrong Krezeb, X850's come in AGP as well, and they require power from your PSU. It is recommended to have over a 350W PSU, 400+ is best. I highly doubt it's a compatability problem between the card and your motherboard.

mine is pcie. I had the same problem but with an ECS mobo. the way I fixed it was I hooked it up via VGA instead of dvi. I need to find an adapter that will allow me to give power to the card though (mine was bought used without it) anyone know what that hook up is called?

hi im new to those forums and yesterday i've just buyed my new ATI X850 Pro Agp card and for the same reason as the other... my screen is staying black when im connecting my monitor cable to the vga plug.

my mobo is a Soltek SL75FRN2-L and i have a 420watt powersuplie

my processor is a 2800+ XP and before buying my new card i had a GeForce FX5200 128mb AGP

please help me smile

got this prob too. would appreciate it if sumone suggest sumthing.i have tried the above...

It used to be that video cards could not share the same IRQ with certain other devices. Since XP now sets the IRQ, there is not much you can do except to re-install windows and doing so manually. In any respect, the "incompatibility" issue may be a question of IRQ sharing.

Nonetheless, since it seems that many are upgrading from a lower cost Nvidia card to an ATI, it is extremely important that all video drivers be removed from the system before putting in a new card. And, before putting in the new card selecting the Standard VGA driver from Microsoft as the default driver. You can use a program like Driver Cleaner to remove the Nvidia drivers in Safe Mode while still using your older video card.

After seating your new card, if the Standard VGA driver has been selected, you should at least be able to see the machine boot up on the screen. If you don't, try moving your sound card or ethernet card to a different slot.

If those things don't work, particularly since many of your devices are onboard, and this can get to be tedious, put back in the old card that works, and upgrade the BIOS and any new drivers for sound, etc., or look in the Hardware Device Manager to see if there are conflicts in memory or IRQ with other devices, delete those devices, exit, put in the new card and see if it can capture the IRQ or memory address that had been held by a conflicting device.

I am having the same exact problem but with a radeon x800xl. Does anyone know what solution aguy is speaking of regarding the jumpers?

system:

msi k8n neo4

1 gig ram

radeon x800xl

I'm experiencing a similar problem...

I replaced my power supply (was a 300W now a 400W) and that has changed the problem...

Now when i let it sit long enough it does finally display... the BIOS... then it says "choose CPU speed" and offers me a choice... I choose 2000MHZ (mine) and save and exit, then it takes FOREVER to come back up, only to display the BIOS again with the same choice...

I know this isn't a power-supply issue because I plugged in my old card again and BOOM works instantly...

Specs:

Asus P4S333 motherboard running 512MB DDRAM and a 2.0GHz P4

ATI Radeon X850 Pro (AGP) 256MB

Creative Sound Blaster Live 5.1

DLINK 10/100Mb Ethernet card

SONY DRU 810A DVD+RW

80GB Maxtor HDD

floppy.

Using an HP f1905b flat panel LCD monitor.

Works PERFECT with my ATI GeForce4 Ti4600 card.

Won't get past the automatic BIOS "Choose your CPU speed" menu with the ATI Radeon X850 Pro (AGP) 256MB card.

ATI customer support (via email) suggested I replace the power supply. Now its saturday night and I can't contact them until monday...

ACK!

P.S.: I've tried moving around my pci cards to see if it was an IRQ conflict... it's not. Drivers and windows settings are irrelivant as it never gets that far. I've checked the charge in my motherboard's BIOS memory battery, its fine. I know the card works because the BIOS menu is displayed via the Radeon card. I know everything was connected right... except there is 2 places on the card to plug in something extra a 4 pin power cable slot and a smaller 4 pin slot that nothing my power-supply has will plug into...

Any suggestions?

-Tobei

Put your old card back in. Bring up windows. Go to Control Panel, Add/Remove programs, and Remove the nVidia drivers. Let it reboot, when it comes back up, it should be displaying 640x480 of 800x600. That should put it into VGA Standard mode. Windows should be nagging you that it has found new hardware and wants to install new drivers. Then, click the Start button and Turn off computer. Put your new card in and give that a try. It should boot through and come up with windows. If it gets that far, use the CD that came with the card to install your ATI drivers.

you know, I bought a X800GT yesterday and all i get is NOTHING on the screen too.

I have tried just about everything to get this to work now.

And all of the stuff that has been mentioned in this thread too.

I had the standard VGA mode running the show. Then i plugged the card back in and still nothing. No startup, nothing. Just a black screen.

I have decided to uninstall windows and reinstall it again, and then try to get the card working. I will let you know how that goes.

But like everyone else here... what is the solution????????

I think that there are two dvi outputs on that card. There is also a cable that will convert dvi to vga. Depending on the monitor, you can go straight from dvi output to dvi input on many flat screen monitors. The card can also power two monitors - one vga and the other dvi. What cord are you using and which of the outputs and inputs do you have connected up?

this one is a sapphire x800gt it has vga and dvi port. I have two LG L1950Ss.. both are vga but one is converted to the dvi port.

I had a bit of a look last night and from what i read, power isnt an issue. Anyway, I have a 600watt psu so it would be quite a "thing" if that was the problem...

So anyway, I uninstalled XP home edition and put a clean install of XP Professional on the computer but nothing there too.

It all still equates to a double dose of black-screen-itis (the worst kind).

So the server board that i am trying to get the radeon X800GT card to work on is a SE7525RP2 and has built in SVGA which is ATI RAGE XL.

I read on a different forum that perhaps i could disable the onboard svga through BIOS then restart the computer with the X800GT connected. Will this perhaps work?.. and also... I can't seem to access BIOS.. why?????

Anyway... can we get some more information on this 'jumper theory' that is higher up in this thread??

man i hope someone has a solution soon... its all enough to make a man EXPLOOOODDDEEEEEEE (not really)

(or is it?)

Generally, when your computer first boots up, you will see a message that to enter the Bios you can hit the Del button or the F9 button. There is generally enough of a delay to allow you to do this. Once in the Bios you can toggle the onboard graphic off.

Before you do that, you will want to go into windows first and remove the ATI drivers. Start button-Settings-Control Panel-Add/Remove Programs. After you have removed the drivers, you will usually be prompted to reboot the system. Go ahead and let it come into windows. Generally, when windows starts back up, it will choose Standard VGA either in 640x480 or 800x600. Then, close windows.

Watch your screen at startup using the onboard video to determine what button to press - it can be a number of buttons but the Del button seems to have become the most popular. Once you are clear as to the button that will let you into the Bios, power down the computer completely, install your new card, but do not change the cable connecting the monitor to the new card's output yet. Just install the card, turn the machine on, hit the button to allow you into the Bios. Look for the toggle that turns off the onboard video. Hit ESC and tell it Yes or 'Y' to write this change to Bios. When it does this, it will try to reboot, but turn the machine off. Change the cable running to the monitor to the new card's VGA output. Then, turn the machine back on.

On this system it says to press 'F2' for setup.. the problem is that pressing F2 doesnt do anything.

I can press it slow and sensually... or i can press it at a rate of 1000 clicks per second.. but still... no setup.

Just straight to windows...

I should have just become a farmer and grown potatoes...

anyway. thanks for the effort..

mind you, removing the ATI drivers seems virtually impossible to me.

I have uninstalled them about 30 times already and hey presto theyre back again!! probably some kind of zombie drivers.. although i thought they only got them in zulu nations. Oh well...

Still, after i uninstall the ATI drivers and reboot the screen goes to 800 x 600. So really, it's all good to go.. i just need to get into BIOS.

And even then... it may not work... but it is worth the try right?

would it help if i cursed my computer and spit on it?