Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ryoko

Domain Admin Rights on 2 Domains

Hi,

I have 2 domains, an NT4 domain and a win2000 AD domain. A 2 way trust exists between the two domains. I also have a user account in each domain using the same username, same password, and it is in the Domain Admins group for each domain.

Now when I log into the account on the win200 domain (It is a mixed mode, not a Native domain in case that matters), I do not have any rights in the NT 4 domain. I can go into the NT4 domain and assign the user account to specific resources, but I can not get it into any of the groups. So I need to explicitly set permissions to this account everywhere on the nt4 domain, and can not do many administrative functions like accessing a workstation C$ share.

I must have missed something as it should not be this difficult to do this and I'm sure others have done this as well.

I appreciate any advice you can give. If it helps, the 2000 domain is in mixed mode, I'm accessing the NT4 domain from a 2000 pro workstation logged into the win2000 domain, No hardware is between the two domains, not having any problems with DNS, I can resolve everything I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Ry

Add the Win 2000 domain account into the Administrators or Account Opertors group on the NT4 Domain and add the NT4 account to the same groups on the Win 2000 domain!