Marco

SBLive joystick port not working in W2K

The joystick port of my SB Live is detected and installed correctly by W2K,

but when I attach a joystick to it, and try to add it through control panel,

it says my port is not working correctly. This happens both with the SB Live

W2K basic driver and the beta drivers.

The port works under W98.

Any ideas?

What sort of stick is it, and what drivers are you using?

This sort of info really helps...

------------------

SuperMicro P6DBS (dual UW-SCSI) BIOS 2.2, 2*Celery 300a @ 450Mhz, 384MB PC100 RAM

SCSI-A=4.3Gb+9Gb, SCSI-B=Tosh32x CD-ROM, Yamaha4416 CD-RW, Iomega ZIP100, IDE1=4.3Gb

IBM EtherJet 10/100 NIC PCI + Nortel ADSL "modem"

Matrox G400 DH 32Mb AGP + Quantum3D Voodoo2 SLI PCI (CL TNT1 AGP on a shelf)

SoundBlaster Live PCI (not Value)

Win2K build 2195 Retail (not 120-day eval)

It's a CH F16 Fighterstick, but it should be possible to set it up as a standard joystick.

Also, I've tried installing my old SB AWE 32, and attach it to the AWE port, and it works flawlessly in W2K.

It really seems to be the port.

Most odd.

The port on my SB Live works flawlessly using both an MS FF Pro, and a generic gamepad.

How does the port show up in Device Manager? It should be "Game Port for Creative SB Live!"

Have you, by any chance, installed the "NT4 LiveWare kludge-pack for W2K" that's been available here? That's been known to trash the game port...

The port doesnt appear in device manager as GamePort for SB Live.

The closest thing to the game port is 'Creative Multimedia Interface'. I thought that was supposed to be my port, but now I guess I was wrong.

Long ago, at RC3 times, I installed a Liveware pack of some sort (don't really remember). But after I upgraded to final W2K I thought that was cleared (was it?). If this is what's killing my gameport, what can I do to fix it? Only way would be reinstall W2K?

Thanks!!

Well, this worked for me...

Uninstall the drivers.

Shut down.

Remove the card.

Restart and log in.

Shut down.

Replace the card.

Reboot and let the auto-detect find the card again.

Speaking of gamepad problems, anyone tried to use 2 or more sidewinder gamepads on the gameport? On my system 1 gamepad works fine, with two pads the second one twitches to the left, and with three pads both the second and third are stuck in the upper left direction with no control. Heres the really quirky part: all three work fine under control panel! I'm thinking something is wrong with sirect input.. any ideas, this is driving me insane!