Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
m-soloaaxx

RE: Graphics are scrambled upon startup

;( Hi guys, my monitor displays scrambled graphics upon startup and at other times too. Usually the problem goes away as soon as the logon screen appears or "the welcome screen", however I reinstalled a game last night and the graphics were horrible. I talked to Hewlett Pacard and they tell me its 44 days out of warrenty. I substituted another monitor and it works flawlessly. So I guess my question is what are my options now, and what other crt monitors are good buys??

The monitor is a Pavilion MX703 from Hewlett Pacard (out of warranty).

The video card is a PNY GeForce FX5200 (PCI slot).

The computer is a Compaq presario S4210nx P4 at 2.4GHz.

P.S. I tried the degauss button yesterday, which may have helped a little. oh yeah would the speakers being mounted next to the screen cause any of the problems mentioned???

You know electromagnetic fields and interference????

Thanks guys m-soloaaxx@sbcglobal.net

Yes speakers can distort the screen as the CRT uses magnetics to move the electron gun inside the monitor. So having other magnetic sources can interfere over time. Trying moving speakers further away from screen and see if it makes an improvement...

throw your old pavillion crt to the nearest HP oblivion store... they deserve it.

hehhehehe..

putting speakers beside the monitor. what a smart thing to do. it's like putting the speakers' magnet directly on your screen. did you notice any discoloration on the monitor?? magnets caused it.. like rainbows. mostly green or red.. HP artist Engineering department!!!!! hehehehhee..

get a new crt monitor or you can buy a new pair of 800x800 reading glasses later.

try to canvass, ask around, call computer shops, distributors. it pays.

the best buy in our country (Philippines) is AOC monitors..

im not sure what's hot and cheaper in your country.

gud luckssssss

Hello Guys, sorry for the delay in repling Ive been really busy lately(considering School entry). To Peter, unmounting the speakers from the monitor has not solved the problem, however I haven't seen any more problems after booting into Windows (yeah).

I can use the Monitor, until I can do some research on buying a new one. By the way, thank you to the other guy exxcessive for your help. ONE LAST THING I COULD TRY is contacting my credit card company regarding purchase protection on defective products. Repairing may not be a cost effective option at this point the only advantage of repairing may be NOT HAVING TO DUMP THE OLD MONITOR SOMEWHERE. Anyway Thank you for providing a place to seek knowledge.