Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
phlax

Has anyone perhaps got nmap working on Cygwin?

Has anyone got nmap working on Cygwin?

Its a touchy subject I know but Im on a net wide hunt to see if it has been done. Very important to me. Can somone tell me of a URL to instructions/help on the matter.

Phlax

Like you would know Mr "ilovefatboys"

It hasnt been done as far as I can see.

well your not looking hard enough then are you ... i mean i could tell you how to do it but what would be the point. Your'd probley have trouble using nmap anyway 'MR Newbie"

You really think you know? :x

Lol its a bit lame and noobish having a nickname in l33t speak dont ya think?

First off you cant use bash installer to install it. Also compiling from source doesnt work with cygwin, It hangs. Everyone of my contacts say the same. Am I supposed to beleive some guy who said he likes fat boys, with a noob name, on a forum with nearly no activity?

for a start my newbie friend ... how about you just install nmap for windows and use that ???????? that would make sense

Wow..... you really know nothing about gaining knowledge do you? lolz "I'm a know it all and I likesfatboys".

And cygwin is better to use than the windows command promt anyway, unless of course you are a M$ lover.

You told me you know how to install it on cygwin.... well?

Hey just remember who is using windows smile. Personally I prefer to use full linux distro not a substitute module running on windows.

Lol but you have at some stage. lmao. If you know how to install nmap on cygwin (like you assume you can) you have used Windows at some stage and cygwin. Just because you use Linux all the time doesn't mean you can't experiment with other things.

Personally I've done my fair share of development and tweaking with Linux distros having collected many and found my faves. So I've decided to try a few of the more hyped up Windows Apps.

Originally posted by Phlax:

Quote:
Has anyone got nmap working on Cygwin?

Its a touchy subject I know but Im on a net wide hunt to see if it has been done. Very important to me. Can somone tell me of a URL to instructions/help on the matter.

Phlax

Very simple my friend:

Download nmap for windows at http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-3.95-win32.zip

and extract it at /cygwin/bin.

do the command "chmod +x+r nmap.exe" and use it.

Papai Noel