Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wintermute

Voodoo3 DVD Hardware Assist ???

As stated at the 3dfx website "the Voodoo3 offers full 30 fps MPEG-2 Playback with no dropped frames, and Soft DVD support for all major CODECs."

I have the Voodoo3 2000 PCI card and was wondering if this meant that I could use it to decode DVD movies or at least assist in the decoding? I do not own a decoder card btw. If not, then what exactly is the Digital Video Port on the card used for?

I've dried the various software DVD decoders but none of them have the same quality. I haven't been able to figure out why it is that DVDs played fine back in win98 and now there is so much trouble in Win2k. Thanks for any help.

Try Power DVD 2.55 for W2K. It is the Best. V3 does not have motion compensation, so some rapid changes in picture of DVD may come up jerky edges and other artifacts on the screen, only PowerDVD has the best quality and is operable from PII-350 onward.

I am still waiting for a film called Terminator 2+, shown on two venues near UU. wink

I agree, I use power DVD 2.5 for DVD on my monitor and the Hollywood+ software for tv output. Powerdvd is really sweet for software dvd on a quick machine.

[This message has been edited by Seldzar (edited 20 February 2000).]

Only WinDVD Dose with rigth sound card aka "SBLive" need to say Aureal Vortex 2 drivers don't have good drivers for it rigth now, even the beta drivers your S.O.L.