Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Justbill

Minor irritation

I am dual booting winXP and Fedora Core4. This afternoon, I took a notion to run a live cd (Beatrix) for a little while just to play with it, and maybe install it to a jump drive. After playing with Beatrix for a little while, I took out the disc, and rebooted the machine into FC4. When I logged in I got this error message:

"Could not look up internet address for Beatrix.

This will prevent GNOME from operating correctly.

It may be possible to correct the problem by adding

Beatrix to the file /etc/host

Obviously, I click "Log in Anyway", and go about my buisiness in FC4. However, when I open a terminal, the prompt reads like this: [bill@Beatrix ~]$

instead of

[bill@localhost68 ~]$

Like I said, this is a minor irritation. However I would like to correct it if I could. Does anyone have any suggestions what I might try to fix this?

Thanks

Justbill

Hi Bill,

Hi I totally don't have a solution for this one. However, I think you need a solid piece of advice. What domain are you at? NT Compatible, that's a Windows user-base why not ask a Beatrix or at least Linux user-base?

Cheers,

Christian Blackburn

Justbill,

http://www.linuxcompatible.org/ is the cousin of this site and runs off the same database so you can keep your name, sig etc.

Try over there, many here are there and there are here and we're all in this together.

<edit>

Just realised that this is also posted there too as the two share the "slack space" forum so who knows where you posted from.

Nice one on that sharing Phillip.

Just realised that this is also posted there too as the two share the "slack space" forum so who knows where you posted from.

Quote:
quoted text

I did post this question on "Linux Compatible. org" , where did you read the question at?

Justbill

NTCompatible.com the "old coke" of the two sites. Thus why you got a response earlier in the piece about posting to a Linux forum.