Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jazzdrive

offline file sycnronization

We have switched locations where the My Documents folder is pointing to on our 2003 server, and the synchronization works fine with that. However, it still keeps trying synch with the old location. And I can't get it to go away. Very annoying.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt.

Hi,

Assuming that the old location was some other remote loaction, can you not just right click the old folder and make it so that it is no longer available offline?

S

That's the problem. It's gone. The synchronization is constantly saying it cannot connect to synchronize the offline files, which is the problem. How do I stop it from trying the old location. The new location is synching up fine, but it's also trying the old location, even though I've changed group policy. Very annoying.

I've deleted all offline files, and then it still says it needs to reconcile the offline files. WTF?

It's happening on three of our machines.

I've already tried. Deleting all offline files doesn't help a bit. It still tries to synchronize.

To stop it from synchronizing, try this:

On the machine(s) that synchronize, go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, Synchronize

From here, you can uncheck the ones that no longer exist, and that will stop the synchronization process. Unfortunately, I have yet to find a way to remove items from the synchronize list.