Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
neocoolXIIK

Untitled thread

Well first of all, greetings. Now I know there are several usb topics over here and throughout the forum world but I've tried practicly everything and I don't seem to be able to solve my probem.I'm u sing FC4 and I got the kernel most recent kernel updates as of today. But despite the new kernel my problem pesists. Now, when I plug in a usb stick i get :

Code:
usb 3-3: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 2usb 3-3: device not accepting address 2, error -110usb 3-3: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 3usb 3-3: device not accepting address 3, error -110usb 3-3: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 4usb 3-3: device descriptor read/64, error -110usb 3-3: device descriptor read/64, error -110usb 3-3: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 5usb 3-3: device descriptor read/64, error -110usb 3-3: device descriptor read/64, error -110

I can understand the device not accepting the firs adresses sinc i've got a serial ata hard drive and therefore sda, sda1 and sda2 are already present. What bothers me is that there are no new device nods in /dev/ after i plug in a stick. I would expect sdb to appear....but no .....anyone, really ...I really would be most gratefull for any assistance ...

imroot, another user on this forum, had the same problem. Try plugging in the usb stick before booting into FC4.

Just for reference, what filesystem is on the stick? Did you alter the filesystem at all, or does it still have the fat16 resident on it that it came with?

yes, i tried plugging the stick before bootup smile ...well, i'm pretty sure it's in vfat, but funny you should meantion this, back with the 2.4.x kernels i had to format my stick into fat16 so they could work, this stick worked fine with fc3 but not now.

thanks, i'll keep at it, ...too bad i'm fully updated and the problem's still here ...i'll try formattng the stick, who knows ...