Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
crow976

hp cd-writer plus 8100

yo i have a hp cd-writer plus 8100 and for some reason i cant get it to work...I installed the latest adaptec aspi drivers that i found on http://www.win2kworld.com but i still get the same result... like, i tried to burn a bin file in cdrwin, the process completes successfuly but then when i put the cd in my drive it just wont read it.. i tried on other cdrom and its always the same... any ideas of what i can try? i really need to find out how to get my burner to work cuz i wanna get rid of win98...

I have a 8100i. I install Adaptec's EZCD creator V.4, CDRWin 3.7d. Everything works just fine.

[This message has been edited by ganesha (edited 24 February 2000).]

are you that lazy that you can't READ DOWN 5 threads to the same f**king question. People wonder why they get flamed...its because people dont bother searching or reading the page.

1. I feel that the comment by ThC 129 was totally uncalled for.

2. I have an HP 8100i and it works great in Win2k.

3. Adaptec Easy CD 4, does not install the latest Win2K compatible aspi driver.

For starters, install Adaptec Easy CD 4, do not install Direct CD from the install screen. After installing Easy CD Creator 4, do not restart. Just exit the install screen and then browse the CD for the Direct CD directory. open the Disk1 directory and click on setup.exe to install Direct CD. After installing , do not reboot. Install CDRWin(I use CDRWin 3.7f) then install aspi32.exe from Adaptec. Now you may reboot. All should work fine after rebooting. If you need aspi32.exe , just let me know. Good Luck ! smile