Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scarrylarry

Sound card install problem Please help!!

Hello everyone, I Recently posted a thread in the game section regarding GTA san andreas for pc and when my problems weren't fixed by the help I decided to purchase a new audio card And I'm having some trouble. The card I have is a nvidia nforce on board sound card the card I bought is a Sound Blaster Live 24.Bit with that eax and advanced hd stuff I have An Amd 2800 + 2.09 Ghz XP home 512 mb ram. Ok I Uninstalled the audio drivers and shutdown my computer. It's an on board sound card so there's nothing to remove.I then put in the new card in the free pci slot and turned my computer on. When I did the computer logo showed up and the xp logo showed up along with the moving bar. Then my screen went black and the LCD monitor said no signal input so I shutdown pulled out the card an restarted with the same result. finally I brought it up in safe mode and windows finally came up I used system restore and my couputer came back up like it was before. Currently I have no sound. I don't know what happened did I do something wrong? I thought all I had to do was turn off the old one and install the new one. Is there more to it than that? If anyone can help me that would be great. Thanks in advance

,scarrylarry

When installing a sound card you have to disable the onboard one as well as uninstall the drivers.

Most of the time that is done by going into the BIOS or it may be a jumper on the motherboard itself.

Thanks for the help American Zombie apparently I had not turned of the old card in the bios. what I think had happened is I had exited without saving settings. The new car is working great now.