Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Black_Complex

DirectX 9.0c Will not install!!!

ok, i wanted to install 9c to play battlefield 2 , when i DL setup from Microsoft site i get an error that reads " Commind Line Option Syntax error type /? for help" So i get it from different sources and get setup to run correctly, then it says copying files and zips through really fast, it also says setup was succsesful and program is ready to be operated. I check dxdiag and is still says 9.0b plz help me!!!!!!!!!!!! i have even restarted after setup but no luck frown

Originally posted by American Zombie:

Quote:
You could try DirectX Happy Uninstall then try again to install.

Download the "redistributable" version... i have no problems with this one....

extract it to a folder(ex: MYBRANDNEWDIRECTX9c) and then go to "MYBRANDNEWDIRECTX9c" folder then click "setup"..

Originally posted by Black_Complex:

Quote:
ok, i wanted to install 9c to play battlefield 2

On retail version, the DirectX is included on DVD.

So I assume that this is demo version.

ive done that cessive, the redis version goes through setup reallin fast and says setup is complete but it had no effect, BF2 says that i need 9.0c and dxdiag says 9.0b, even after i restarted

i have sp2 but not 9.0c i wana do a full system restart but i dont have windows xp home cd, my pc came with it, and i have no restore cd from LanPlus/Northgate (Manufacturers) and i think northgate is out of business or sumthin, someone please help me!!