Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iamroot

Segmentation fault

I'm using FC3 and recently I've been getting "Segmentation fault"s when I try to run certain programs like xmms and xmame. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

I got those errors during my experiments on FC4 with xmms and mp3 files... Especially when pressing stop button the xmms crashed w/ segmentation fault. It seemed to have something to do with sound system, with the plugin (alsa or oss, do not remember anymore which I had on then) or other settings. I could hear constantly static popping from my speakers, when they were connected to addon sound card (creative). Buildin card was disabled.

After battling with this, I decided to reinstall whole FC4. smile

Now, during this installation I left the buildin on and when it got to sound test, sounds worked on both creative and buildin. Now I do not get any segmentation faults on xmms.

I suggest that you check your xmms configuration for the mp3 plugin.

But my problem is not restricted to just xmms. Xmame has the same problem.

Same problem with Nero Linux:

nerolinux-2.0.0.1-x86.rpm

No matter if it is as root or user. You only see the error message if you invoke"nero" from the command line.

Click on the icon and the spalsh appears and then goes away.

Piece of crap bloatware.

The problem's gotten worse now. Now I can't run most of my programs. Rhythmbox won't work now. All the new programs I install won't work.