Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
joLtz

I need help with my ATI 9800 Pro 128MB 8X AGP

Sorry! I don't know where to put this post because I am new here :P Well what I wanted to ask is if anyone knows why my computer will not boot up when I install a 9800 Pro 128MB card! I plugged everything in properly and even have a 400W power supply! Everything should be fine.. But I do think I have an old motherboard.. What do you think? I would really like peoples input because I spent over a day trying to get this damn card to work! Thanks everyone

did you have an nivida card in there before if so you must delete all drivers they are not compatable. also with your motherboard please submit the board # and seril model make i will check and see if it 8x agp. did you buy this card new or used?

if used it my be nfg it which case it is better to go to a computer store/tech to diagnois it with installing a tester card.

hi

drivers dont have anything to do with the pc not booting.

just install the ATI drivers when you get in windows, and they should overlay the old ones.

The real problem is more likely that you havent connected the 12V plug to your graphics card.

most of the ATi cards got these. they are located either on the far end of the card, or on the top. so just take a 12V cable from your power supply and plug it in your graphics card if it need a extra 12v. if not i suspect something is wrong with the card.

well i'm having the same problem, ati 9800 se card and the intel D845PESV mobo. normal beep comes but monitor on standby :-(

any ideas?