Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shaunblah

ive REALLY done it now.

alright, so i got some tut off the net describing what i could do if i had BIOS to fix my memory issues. I came to realize that i dont have BIOS, i have CMOS or something. So i was trying to relate some of the thigns it was saying to do for BIOS on CMOS. I did a save and restart.

Edit: Now when i turn it on it just holds a *beeep* 10 seconds and keeps doing that.doesnt even let me get to the system info page where i can get into CMOS, screen stays blank. Someone please help frown

If you have your motherboard/computer manual look in there for a CMOS\Bios jumper. You set this to wipe your CMOS\BIOS and allow your computer to boot.

You probably won't be able to find it tho so....

1. Unplug your computer

2. Open computer case

3. remove CMOS battery

4. Wait a couple of secs......

5. plug in battery

6. plug in PC

7. leave case off for now!

8. Turn on PC.

If it still doesn't boot up, repeat procedure.

alright i looked up on th net, i did find the CMOS battery . But ive done the proccess you said to do about 8 times now, should i keep doing it more? or is there soemthing else i can do

the long steady beep is usually a hardware failure somewhere like power. it would help to know what the equipment is.

in the old days we would put the battery back in BACKWARDS for 2 seconds. thats how u used to clear the cmos.