Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
yakabod

BF2 Giving me a Directx Error.

on dxdiag it shows i have 9.0b when it suppose to say 9.0c. I know i installed it successfully and also the sdk june_2005 also but i dont know whats going on here.

error.jpg

Quote:

Note: now that D3DX is in a .dll you can no longer distributes apps without the DirectX runtime and expect them to work. Windows XP users who keep their machines up to date should all have DirectX 9.0c installed but not the D3DX .dll so will get errors about missing d3dx9_24.dll or d3dx9_25.dll. In affect Microsoft have released DirectX 9.0d without admitting to it! Unfortunately the end user is not automatically downloading the new dll. The only solution is to distribute the DirectX runtime with your app. however if you are providing your app. as a download this would increase its size considerably. You could of course just include the correct dll. although this is against the SDK agreement (EULA). The word from Microsoft is that they are considering ways of solving this issue.

Try downloading and installing this:
DirectX 9.0c Redistributable for Software Developers - Multilingual, 34.2 MB.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...;displaylang=en

yo i finally got 9.0c to run and show on dxdiag. now the problem is, that sshot i have up there. I ran the sdk and it ran perfectly. Now when i run the game, im still getting that error. wats going on here?

hi how do you chek to see if 9.0c has been installed because i have the same problem and i tried what you said but im slightly confused about the installation folder. which folder is it :S.

Originally posted by adam55:

Quote:
hi how do you chek to see if 9.0c has been installed

Click Start, then Run. Type dxdiag and press enter.

On the "System" tab, you should see "DirectX Version:"

DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904).

-

dxdiag.JPG

-

Quote:
im slightly confused about the installation folder. which folder is it :S.

This is the folder where you have installed the Battlefield 2. Like "C:\Program Files\Battlefield 2", "C:\Games\Battlefield 2", etc. smile

Thanks for the help but my computer still seems to think i have 9.0b but i have installed 9.0c and 9.0c "Redistributable for Software Developers" and when i try to install both of them it comes up saying coppying files then instantly says finished but the computer still thinks its 9.0b id appreciate any help you can offer.

Try this:

Quote:

Set the Cryptographic Services to Automatic, and then try to install the program again.

To set the Cryptographic Services to Automatic, follow these steps:

1. Start the Administrative Tools utility in Control Panel.

2. Double-click Services.

3. Right-click Cryptographic Services, and then click Properties.

4. Click Automatic for Startup type, and then click Start.

Btw, do you have XP SP2 installed? SP2 does have DirectX 9.0c included.

i might have it installed ill check but something just happened yesturday i tried to install the windows updates from automatic updates and then it came up saying do you want to restart now or later i said now then it restarted and when the computer finished loading it up there was only the background picture nothing else no icons no tool bar only the pic and mouse i had to turn it off using ctrl alt delete and it wont stop doing that now as soon as it starts working again ill check and try what you told me thanks for the help

ok i got my computer fixed thanks for the help. it still doesnt work tho and i did that thing u told me it was already on automatic

hay you probally dont read this thread any more but i have a new problem

i think i solved the old one but now this errpor comes up

the application or DLL H:\program files\EA GAMES\battelfield 2\d3dx9_25.dll is not a vald windows image please chek this against your installation diskette

i apriciate any help

Quote:
2\d3dx9_25.dll is not a vald windows image please chek this against your installation diskette

Visit and download the files:

http://www.m3fe.com/760/

Quote:

Notes

All the DLLs are compressed into ZIP archives to save bandwidth. To install a DLL, extract it from its archive, and place it in your C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 folder (or equivalent). If your PC doesn't know what to do with ZIP files, install WinRAR.

Please download only the DLL or DLLs that the application asks for, to save my bandwidth! Check the error message carefully, because the filenames are quite similar.

These files are hosted here without permission from Microsoft, and will be removed if anyone important complains.

im having the prob yakabod was havin earlier, i run 9c install and it goes through super fast but my pc still says i have 9b, i dont know how to fix it, and i paid 50 bukls for bf2 and i really wana play it!!

hay turned out i just put the rong d3dx9 file in i put the one form the site u gave me in and it comes up with an error but i cant see it it wont let me only shows a black screen i can here the error message tne and when u press ctrl alt delete it shows there is an error there but basically im still aving the same problem as black_complex

i cant run live update it messes up my computer cause i have a split hard drive. but my computer still thinks i have 9.0b lol i bet im getting really annoying now if u cant help me now then i wont bother cause so far nothing has worked

oh ye and i thought id tell you i have 3 corrupt .dll files just thought it might help you if u new

ok having small bits of info isnt goign to help you help me so this si wat im going to do im going to tell you absaloutly everything tat is rong or that i think stops bf2 from running. to start with i got my hard drive split and according to the guy who did it i cant use windows updates the computer still thinks i have 9.0b yet ive tried everything and more u have told me to do when i go to add/remove programes i can see bf2 yet it wont let me uninstall it no matter how hard i try and when i put the cd in instead of saying play game it still says install but it is already installed so i click install the installation wont run so now i cant uninstall it or install it ive tried putting the d3dx9_25.dll in the bf2 folder didnt work i took it out and downloaded that other one put it in system32 folder didnt work i have 4 corrupt .dll files when i go to dxdiag one of them being "Several files (d3dx8d.dll, d3dx9d.dll, d3d9d.dll) are debug versions, which will run slower than the retail version." thats what it says in DXDIAG curious if i delete them and reinstall 9.0c will that work or mess up the computer im looking for as much help as i can get o ye and it still skips the instalation when i try installing 9.0c or the one that u told me to install basically skips anything to do with 90.c Several files (d3dx8d.dll, d3dx9d.dll, d3d9d.dll) are debug versions, which will run slower than the retail version.

I had the same problem it took like 4 hours to fix. Uninstall direct x then reinstall windows sp2 and it should work.