Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
telthenipper

Email help

Hi,

Hi have a win2k3 Domain Controller which is connected to 3 PC via an ethernet switch.

What I want to do is have a program running on the DC that collects all my the emails for all the my various email accounts on my ISP's email server and then I want Outlook on the 3 client PC to connect to the DC to dowload my emails from the DC instead of downloading straight from the ISP's email server which is whats happening now and then distrubute the emails it's downloaded to my 3 PCs I don't really want to go down the MS Exchange root as thats far too complex for my needs.

Is this possible?

Does anyone know of a program that I can install on my DC that will achieve the above?

Many thanks in advance,

Terry

Hi Terry,

You'll need a mail server that has the facility to pull emails from any remote POP mail server, in most cases the feature is called a 'POP Retrieval Connector'.

Unfortunately most of the free mail servers do not have this as standard. One commercial server that I know of that does have such a connector (simply because I use it) is the Pro version of MailEnable. It costs around US$220; a hell of a lot less than Exchange.

I'll look around for other [maybe even free] solutions, but someone else may be able to suggest another server sooner.