Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
5t3ph3n

Logitech drivers

since i installed logitech's win2k drivers, i noticed a significant delay in right click (about 3sec). i uninstalled mousware 9.00-->reboot-->uninstalled mouse from CP-->reboot--> win2k asks me to locate a .dll from Logitech installation. So does anybody knows how to clean uninstall Logitech's win2k drivers?

[This message has been edited by 5t3ph3n (edited 23 February 2000).]

I think Mouseware for Win2K is pretty good, actually it's good for Win9X also.

The problem your noticing with the delay can be fixed by installing TweakUI. In TweakUI you can adjust the menu speed. If I move the menu speed slider to 'Fastest' My right click will open in less then 1 second. At the default value it takes 2-3 seconds like you stated.

You can find the Win2K version located at

ftp://ftp.globular.com/pub/w2k/tweakui.zip

thanx for answering but i'm afraid that didn't cure anything (installed tweakui-->menu speed fastest-->same thing). the strange thing is that this is happening in IE5 ONLY (delay 3sec). i still think that it's the logitech drivers (maybe i'm wrong).

Hmm..okay only other thing I can think of is right click on the desktop goto >properties>then effects. Under the option 'Use transition effects for menu and tooltips' set that to 'Scroll effect' instead of fade. The fade option slows everything down a little, so that scroll effect might help you. If that doesn't work then maybe someone else has ideas. Also this option effects every program so you should see a difference.

Actually it could be something totally unrelated (similar to the explorer bar/favorites menu delay) to mouse driver! If you have an over loaded or even just 1 context menu addin that is slow to load it will delay the appearance of the context menu! (think about a system loaded with programs openining the "New" context menu! anyway check and see if something has been added to your right click menu it may be the culprit!

I have a logitech gaming mouse

I dont notice any differences with this "MOUSEWARE" over the generic win2k dirvers at all =(

WHat is new with these drivers?

MouseWare 9 allows me to program the thumb button and the scrolling-button in Windows 2000. Previous versions of MouseWare would not install under Win2K and the generic MS drivers ignored both buttons.

For the record, I have the Logitech Cordless Desktop Pro - with cordless keyboard and cordless mouse and I'm loving it. smile

Regards...

------------------

J. Byron Todd

Computer Consultant

byron@toddcomp.com

Todd Computer Solutions