Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tristan_zinck9

beeping computer

i had the side panel off of my computer with it on the other day because i was trying to install a new harddrive, but when it was plugged in all it would do was beep. i would turn it on and the monitor wouldnt even come on and if i got it to it would say no signal. i put everything back to normal and it's still doing the same thing. can you please help?

Hi,

You can try the following

Make sure you dont have a stuck keyboard key (it happens to the best of us!). Heres some general info. Regarding the IDE issues i have assumed that you have one hard disk and that it is the master device on the primary ID channel.

Ensure your mouse and keyboard are plugged in correctly and are in the correct ports.

Make sure that the IDE cable is connected from ID port 0 on the motherboard to the back of the hard disk and that:

The ends of the IDE cable are connected (not the middle connection).

That the jumper on the back of the hard disk is correctly seated and that it is setup to be the master device.

The harddisk has a power connection to it (known as a molex connection).

Also make sure that any other IDE devices (e.g. CD drive) are connected properly (you may have knocked something) and that your grapics card is seated ok too.

If you get really stuck, count the beeps and tell us the motherboard make/model since these beeps usually mean something smile

S

After you check to make sure that all of your boards are properly seated, make sure that nothing is grounding something on the motherboard - it could be as simple as a screw.

also see if in the bios you have an option for intruder detection. sometimes it needs to be reset after you open your case.If it is for that reason then sometimes it will beep just to let you know someone has been in your case.

S