Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Goaks

Supra Sonic II

Was working find under WIN2K build 2128. Updated to final and now get:

This device could not start (Code 10).

Irq and memory addresses have no confilicts.

Uninstalled installed so many times, wearing out the drivers ... ;-0)

Went to MS site, and error says problems with drivers:

If the error message occurs because of a bad device driver, it is generally because a specific subdriver in the driver stack does not succeed IRP_MN_START_DEVICE. It can be difficult to determine which driver in the stack is at fault. This behavior can occur if a driver in the driver stack is corrupted or invalid for this device.

Anyone get this working in the final?

i have the supra sonic II and both modems work under win2k 2195 final just fine.......

UNTIL

i reboot, then i end up with conflicting comports ... so i have to disable one of the comports that the modem uses meaning i lose one modem ... other than that just using one modem works fine ... my setup is

com 3 (03e8-03ef),*4(02e8-02ef)

both using irq 5

*i end up having to remove one of these comports after i reboot win2k

i installed the modem by going to add new hardware and let windows search for new hard ware it found both comports the modem was assigned to . and i was able to install the standard 56k modem driver to each comport and was able to use each modem ... untill i reeboot and im forced to remove one of the comports ...

i have yet to find a way to get win2k to accept both modems...

however i have not tried assiging the jumpers to differnt irq's I.E. ....

com 3 (03e8-03ef)irq 5

com 4 (02e8-02ef)irq 4

this in therory should work but i have been to lazy to test it out and i dont want to screw with the win98 settings or mess up my linux config by changing the settings on this modem ...

and all s3 has to say is that the modem dose not work under nt or 2000

troy whittington

chaos4u@usa.net

------------------

music the paint

dancefloor the canvas

your body the brush

I dont get any conflicts, just that code 10 crap. Are you using the default drivers, ie. INF files, that came with WIN2K?

This is driving me nuts. Only problem I really have now.

BTW, the card should use just one IRQ.

Do a clean install. It is recommended when putting 2195 on from any other version to do a clean install. Try that and see.

ok i messed around with the jumpers and i see what is happening now ...

the modem will not work in windows 2000 final when configured as a pnp device

when i set it up as a pnp i got the same error 10 code as you did ....

you have to manually configure the modem via the jumpers on the card

com 1,2 or com 3,4 irq 5 or irq 12

here is the recomended installation procedure

remove the supra multifuction adapter out of device manager

shut down your pc and reconfigure the modem to manual settings

reinsert modem and restart the pc ...

when win2k loads up you will notice nothing happened go to add hardware wizard and have it do its thing then select add device hardware wizard will find two comports and assighn them the corresponding values that you set on the modem (unless your mobo's comports are conflicting with it if thats the case disable the mother boards comports and remove them from device manger )

after device manager has set up these two comports you can then go to the modems icon in control panel and add a modem too these comports choose the standard 56k modem or the v.90 driver which ever you feel best suits your needs ... ( i get the best results with the 56k standard driver)

and walla you have two functioning modems ... until you reboot the machine in wich you will lose them until you remove one of the conflicting comports ... you will then only be able to use one modem ...

i have yet to find a way to let windows share the irq ... this is why the plug and play driver dose not work because it trying to share the irq and windows is like screw you man ... that is the best that can be done untill some one figures out a way to hack that keeps windows 2k from disableing the comports after a reeboot .....

------------------

music the paint

dancefloor the canvas

your body the brush