Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alvaro0o

GRUB drives me crazy, please help

hi there,I am new to linux,

the issue is i had win xp, and fc3 working together on my system, every thing was lovely untill my little bro screwed everything in my system, nothing loads, the main problem is when i want to install win xp and format all my drives , right after it starts and checks for my hard drive, it shows a black screen and crashes, i read about this thing many people have this issue but never could get a working answer, the problem is i cant even format my disk, i use f dis and doesnt realize any of my drives just some crap, my hd is serial ATA i think the way they format it is different can any one please give me a solution i really need my pc these days, please

What exactly did ur bro do? I had some problems with Win XP crashing at the install as well. I solved it by booting up uisng Win 2K and deleting all the partitions on my HDD. After that, Win XP booted up fine.

well he had done something with partition magic he says, maybe formated my linux drive all, or maybe everything! thank god i had back up of my important files, can u help me get this thing back please, what this win2k??

Do you have your PartitionMagic backup floppy disks? If so, you can use them to see what he did with the partitions and redesign them if he trashed your Win XP partition, or all of them.

This is not an HP or Compaq system, is it? If so, do you have your recovery disks?