Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
surfer_boi

HALF LIFE 2 RUNTIME ERROR!! HELP ME!!

I have just installed half life 2 on my dell inspiron 6000, with 1.4Ghz celeron M, intel Graphics media accelerator w/64MB RAM, and a system memory of 256MB. Running XP.

My game ran fine, although on low graphics for a while and then it started to expirience slow downs and now everytime i load a new chekpoint, the game saves, closes down and displays the following message

Runtime error!

Program:...ram Files\Half Life 2\StemApps\Half-Life 2\hl2.exe

abnormal program termination

What does this mean?? does it mean there is something wrong with the files and i should reinstall, or is it my hardware??

any help would be great thanks

Can you give your computer specs?

Incl. all devices you got installed/attached to your computer. On some other forums the problem was "secondary devices". One guy disabled his TV card and it solved it. And on another forum, this was fixed by adding new,better cooling fan... And make your swap file larger.

Hmm... I am blind. blush

smile

---

And try to shutdown some 'unneeded' applications, like winamp, messenger, etc.

elo surfer_boi,

Hmmmm, is that intel graphics onboard? it sure sounds like it.

It sounds like your system is running out of resources, and if that grapics card is onboard then it means it uses 64MB from your RAM, which leaves you with 192MB RAM.

Try what Wilhelmus suggested and close all unneeded applications, also do a defrag.

How much hard drive space do you have free?

i have the same problem. i had that before it smehow repaired iself. i is not videocard . you could try to remove latest saves.