Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
balz

Tiger

Hi Linux Guru's

I just installed Tiger (part of TAMU) and it seemed to install without any problems but I can't get it to run the audit script ./tiger - I am running Redhat 8.0 and here's what I did.

I used the '# make install' and created the config files in the /usr/local/tiger directory

I created 3 temporary directories used for the scratchpad during auditing called /var/spool/tiger - /var/spool/tiger/logs - var/spool/tiger/work

Looked at the /usr/local/tiger/tigerrc file but left it with the default settings.

from the /usr/local/tiger directory ran #./tiger as root and got this mesage.

Configuring...

Will try to check using config for 'i686' running Linux 2.4.18-24.8.0...

--CONFIG-- [con005c] Using configuration files for Linux 2.4.18-24.8.0. Using

configuration files for generic Linux 2.

Not all checks may be performed.

Now I am not sure but I think this isn't working because no security report as been issued and I did this about 30 mins ago. I am the only user with little data on the hd so I would think it would be a fairly quick process...perhaps I am wrong. Anyways I am fairly new to Redhat so I need the experience of you Linux Guru's out there. Let me know what I did wrong and if I left anything out I appologize and will re-post with the info required. Thanks in advance.

B

Hey,

Not sure if the question I posted earlier is a stupid one I am a newbie to Redhat and really have no clue what's going on...yet! Anyhow, I have some questions about Tripwire if anyone want to help with that...here goes:

The tripwire db is installed and working but it will not let me edit the twpol.txt file and run the --update-policy

When I first initialized the tripwire db I got a lot of these types of errors

### Warning: File sytem error

### Filename: /sbin/ip6tables

### No such file or directory

### Continuing...

I edited the twpol.txt file and commented out the files. Now I get errors and it fails update the twpol file so I can't rebuild the database. Any clues? I am lost as usual.

B