Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Silent-IQ

Asus V3800 Ultra Deluxe - can't get it working under Win2k P

Can anyone please help me with my V3800 Ultra Deluxe TNT2 card?? i cant get it working under win2k pro...it has collisions with my p3 to agp port controller or whatever..so i cant install any drivers what so ever..please someone?

Yes i did and still windows has BIG problems with the card, i dont know how but the card uses the same adresses as the p2 to agp thingy...

one more thing, i suppose that beocuse of the problem above i cant install any drivers right? i mean not even one driver worked under win2k...there must be a sollution..help!!! ´thanks....

Suicide ?

I have a V3800TVR, worksperfectly, with 3.78 from nVidia, (always worked execpt D3D and OGL sometimes but now everything is OK). I NEVER enabled anythin in my BIOS : try to disable it ????

Awx

now i tried the asus win2k drivers and nvidia drivers and it is not working....

with asus ddrivers the problem is the same..

under resources it says: conflicts with INTEL PENTIUM 2 (even if i have P3) PROCCESOR TO AGP CONTROLLER:

INPUT/OUTPUT RANGE 03B0-03BB

INPUT/OUTPUT RANGE 0300-03DF

MEMORY RANGE 000A0000-000BFFF

there must be a way of solving this in the bios or whatever? i cant be the only one here with this problem or??

thanx

What's your mobo ?????

What's your mobo ?????

What's your mobo ?????

What's your mobo ?????

You can have a mlook at hardware feature and settins in hardware tab in "My Computer" properties and display hardware by resources.

In my computer (ASUSP2B) :

Input/Output 03b0-03bb

Input/Output 0300-03df

Mem Range 000a0000-000bffff

everythin is related to PCI that suballocate this memory to Intel 82443BX controler from PII to AGP that suballocate it to my ASUS V3800 called nVidia RIVA TNT2 cos I use nVidia drivers).

I hope those indications could help you.

Awx

[This message has been edited by Awaxx (edited 21 February 2000).]

Well, when i try with Nvidia drivers....hehe windows crashes directly in the beggining up starting...when trying to initiate display drivers....and it shuts down my HD and reboots the computer....so...

now what?? i still cant get the damn card working under win2k....

Sounds like you've seriously fscked up your computer. Two things you need to do:

1. Re-read Awaxx's post above, and the tell us what your hardware actually is, so we can stop having to make guesses.

2. In Device Manager, select the "System Devices" branch, right-click and select "Scan for hardware changes". This will allow the OS to re-evaluate all the settings.

------------------

SuperMicro P6DBS (dual UW-SCSI) BIOS 2.2, 2*Celery 300a @ 450Mhz, 384MB PC100 RAM

SCSI-A=4.3Gb+9Gb, SCSI-B=Tosh32x CD-ROM, Yamaha4416 CD-RW, Iomega ZIP100, IDE1=4.3Gb

IBM EtherJet 10/100 NIC PCI + Nortel ADSL "modem"

Matrox G400 DH 32Mb AGP + Quantum3D Voodoo2 SLI PCI (CL TNT1 AGP on a shelf)

SoundBlaster Live PCI (not Value)

Win2K build 2195 Retail (not 120-day eval)

Quote:
SuperMicro P6DBS (dual UW-SCSI) BIOS 2.2, 2*Celery 300a @ 450Mhz

8) I wanna have a dual mobo !!!! 8) but I don't have the money laugh

Awx

Am sorry guys i didnt pay more attention to what you were writing...am totaly new to win2k and my stupid machine..

am going to look under devices in win2k and see what i can find out...but the best thing would be like, you to tell me what MOBO is? or what it stands for?

Thanx alot for helping me out, i really need to get win2k working...

Dual Pentium 3 600Mhz/133Mhz (coppermine)

Microstar 6210 dual server motherboard (AMIBIOS) with standard settings (i think)

256Mb PC133 RAM

ASUS riva tnt2 ultra deluxe TVR

SBlive 1024! (cant get the **** working under NT4!)

3com Fast EtherLink XL 10/100Mb TX Ethernet NIC (3C905B-TX)

Creative Dxr3 mpeg card

27,3Gb IBM deskstar HD

Aopen 10X DVD player and Yamaha 8/4/24 burner

thats about it...when it comes to my machine that cost me a fortune and i cant get the thing working...i hope you can help me...

Mobo is short for motherboard.

Have you tried my second suggestion?

Have you installed the most recent revision on mobo BIOS?

What behaviour do you get with the TNT drivers that ship with W2K?

Here is my situation right now....

the drivers that ship with w2k are working as all the others...no changes...when i install w2k i get it in 16 colors with 640*480...if i go under display propreties and look at my graphics card...windows doesnt know what chip it is how much memory or what ever else....under resources i got only 3 collisions, 2 with Pentium 2 to AGP controller and the 3th one is memory range...

if i go under system and hardware devices and refresh for hardware changes...nothing happens...under propreties for the card..that windiws knows only by the name Nvidia tnt2 i can read that the firmwere on my card doesn have that info that win needs to see what resources it needs....something like that....so thats probably why its using the same resources as the agp controller...i dont know anymore what to do?? can i disable the plug and play **** on my card so that i can choose those resources that are not taken or what? is there anything i can do?

thanx for your help....

here comes one more funny thing...when i installed the nvidia newest win2k drivers..hehe i cant even get into windows now..it reboots my computer whenever it tryes to get into windows...nothing help..not even SAFE MODE!!! i have to reinstall the win2k all over again......

isnt there a way to shut down plug and play?

hehe...nope..i will never again install those drivers on my computer... wink

i reinstalled win2k and used my PCI voodoo3 2000 card...it works fine...but i still have to fix the problem with tnt2 card...i need that one for 3dsmax...

ohh, man there must be some way to shut down plug and pray and choose the resources my self????