Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ieatponies

Mandrake 10.0 and no internet connectivity.

Hi all, I just installed Mandrake 10.0 on my laptop today and I have it dual booting with XP. I am a complete Linux noob and I would like a little bit of help. I really want to learn Linux on my own at my own pace, so I won't need too much help from the masses, but there are two problems that I currently need help with.

First off, I cannot seem to connect to the internet while in Linux. I read something about going to Mandrake Control Center > Network & Internet > Drakconnect, but Drakconnect is not an option to click on.

My second problem that I am having is it seems that I do not have any USB support. As this is a laptop I am able to use the touch pad to navigate through the menus, but neither of my two USB mice work.

So I'd like to get these two problems sorted out so I can easily navigate around Linux and surf the web for information about what I need to learn and what have you.

If I need to supply anymore information about, well, anything, let me know.

Thank you very much for your time and patience with me.

A few questions. What internet connection do you have? Via modem or broadband/DSL? Did you set it up during the installation?

Were any of the mice attached during the installation?

To access the internet connection utility, go to the Mandrake Control Panel;

Start (main menu) (System+Configuration ->Configure your computer) and choose Network & Internet.

To add a mouse, at the main Control Panel Menu choose Hardware. You should be able to add your usb mouse here.

You can consult the documentation here