Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Urix

Final Fantasy 7 won't start after blackscreen

Hi, I've got the Problem that FF7 won't truly start on my machine.

I`ve installed it, tryed to patch up with XP-Patch, chocobo, and upsidedown in all variations and combos. The only thing that happens is: When I start the game the screen goes black for 3-4 sec then I'm back on desktop.

My System:

3 ghz pentium

radeon 9800 pro

512 Mb RAM

I tryed the Software Render mode coz the 8-bit setting fails but that didn't help either.

Please every hint could help me, I'm really keen on playing it ;D

Urix

Thx, good page. The still doesn't run but I've found so many known problems with unknown solutions to fix them that I think I'll go back to psone if I wanna play it :x

Issn't it true that ohm maybe 5% of all gamers that tryed really could play ff7 on pc just installed from disk, without any problems bugs and other stuff till the ende of the game? -.-

I mean, its a great game but the technical stuff is f****d up..

Hey, if I send you a save file can someone use it and get me to the next saved point and send it back to me cause my disc is scratched at that point. my email is matt@labo.com.au

hey,

I've got exactly the same problem, I downloaded the game and it worked perfectly for more then a month, but now if I try to start the game I get this black screen for a couple of seconds and than it turns back to my desktop.

I've tried to fine the site you said would give more info, but trying the link I couldn't find anything about FF7.

anyone another idea?

I'm uninstalling and re-installing it now, hoping it will work.

Hi every1 I am new 2 this forum and i was just reading the post and i am having the same issue right now with the game and i have installed all the patches and what not and the screen goes black then back 2 desktop. I am also trying 2 get it 2 work on a pentium 3 laptop which is running windows 2000 as well and as far as i get with that is at the first battle in the game it locks up i am not sure y it does but it does. Anyway the desktop computer is running windows Vista Ultimate 64bit.

Any help with the above mentioned issues i am experiencing would help alot thanx 4 your time.