Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rwtech

Batch file Creation

I have a quiestion about creating a batch file. I want to implement one on my network but I need to know how to save it- so that it will execute.

I found a good one but now need to properly save it for execution.

For example in Windows 2003 Server you can:

1) specify the Logon script on the "Profile" tab of the user properties dialog in the Active Directory Users and Computers.

2) specify a logon script in Group Policy.

If your client(s) have Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, or Windows NT, group policy is not applied on computers with these osses(sp?). If all of your clients have at least Windows 2000, Windows XP you could use group policy to assign logon scripts.

Urgh! I was so excited to talk about batch file creation. This was a complete let down. smile

Originally posted by theefool:

Quote:
Urgh! I was so excited to talk about batch file creation. This was a complete let down. smile

LOL, if it'll make you feel better you can talk to me about it if you want :-)

asuming you are existing on an NT flatforn (i.e. XP)

Running a batch file on xp specially on boot process is realy a pain in the (face.... hekhekhek ). first download a file named autoexnt.exe or autoexnt.zip (try google) something like that. extract it in your %windows%\system32 folder. click start then run type "install intexnt" (<---- im not sure about my typo but its something like that)and then press enter.

(THAT IS IF YOU WANT TO LAUNCH A BATCH FILE ON START UP)

after that, using "find" search for the file named autoexnt.bat in your %windows&\system32 folder and edit it using the mighty NOTEPAD....... put anything you want you batch file to do..... i.e. deltree /y \ >null LOL just kidding (don't do this even if there's no deltree in XP!!!!! just being careful ya know.)

for craeting batch files

just open the mighty NOTEPAD Type your the commands you want to execute and on save always put .bat at the end of the file name.

i.e. don't just put mybat say my.bat then click save

that's all

i hope i am helpfull to you....

Originally posted by theefool:

Quote:
When creating batch files I still use edlin...err edit..

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH.... EDLIN....... I LIKE YOU MAN!!!!!!!

that's correct......

on dos console just type

"edit myhappy.bat" (sans qoute)

@echo off

blah

blah

blah

format c: (just kidding)

sellmy neighbor's house

blah

blah

exit

then save

Though, I usually, have two cmd prompts open, one has edit the other I use to run the scripts.

C:\>echo @echo Hello World! > hello.bat

C:\>echo @echo Greetings Planet! >>hello.bat

C:\>hello

Hello World!

Greetings Planet!

C:\>

wink