Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tomnv

Java

I like to play games on Pogo, lately it has been shutting down my browser in the middle of a game. It is mostly a java run site. I usually use Mozilla Firefox as a browser, but it does the same thing when I use IE.

My computer runs Window XP Home edition. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Tom smile

Are you using the latest and greatest version of java? Also, what version of firefox are you using? 1.02? XP home sp2?

I am running Firefox 1.0.2 XP Home version with SP2 and java is set to automatically update to the latest version.

You might want to update your Firefox to the 1.03RC since the 1.02 is susceptible to a malicious Javascript that can read your memory buffer and cache according to Secunia. As to the Java that is installed on your machine, it could be either 1.4 or 1.5 on your system. The 1.5.2 is the latest. If you are using 1.4.6 your automatic update from Java may be telling you that you have the latest update for 1.4 and not "upgrading" you to 1.5.

Thanks, my java is ok, but I cannot get into the Mozilla or Firefox sites, they must be doing some maintance on them. My version of Firfox is 1.0.2

Tom