Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shadowmatrix

Onboard audio

I have the MSI K8T Neo board with onboard audio and am having trouble getting it to work. If anyone can help please let me know. Thank you.

I cant get any sound out of them. Actually I can, But I have to turn them all the way up and then I can barely hear a sound. I know for sure that the speakers work so that is not the problem. It has to be something to do with a linux driver. I just installed Linux so I really have no idea what I am doing. Learning as I go.

Well I got the latest from the ALSA website and everything seemed to go ok. But now there is a red x on my Kmix icon in the task bar. I would imagine it became disabled. Anyone know what to do from here?

Take a look at this thread and see if this gets you going.

By default, alsa can be muted or the volume has to be adjusted to 100% in the alsamixer window.

Well I now have sound but only from the front 2 speakers. I have a 5.1 speaker system. I am going to research this and see what I can find. If anyone knows what to do please feel free. Thanks everyone

I think that you are correct, there are some special settings for this. however, get into alsamixer again and look to the far right and see if there is an option for surround]/b]. Pump up the volume on this. make sure (if it allows to to change the volume) or if it says "off" or "muted." If it says muted, hit the greater than key ">' and see if all the speakers work, once the volume is kiked up.