Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shadowmatrix

lexmark x5150 still wont work

I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have been fighting with this for close to 3 hours now lol. Anyway, I downloaded the developers kit from Lexmark and read the read me in there. Seem's like they stopped after 9.2. Anyway, I am running mandrake 10 and I can't get it to work for me. I tryed doing the make on it but all I got was a whole lot of errors. If anyone has any ideas I would sure appreciate it.

The drivers are made for older releases of Mandrake. I'm not surprised that you are having problems. Did you look at the system requirements for the drivers before trying the installation? Look and see if your printer is really supported.

The first problem is most likely that you do not have the development packages installed, which would have been an option given to you during the install. See the development package requirements on the Lexmark page here.

Linux Kernel 2.4x or higher

GCC 3.2

gtkmm version 2.0.2.4

sigc ++ version 1.2.4

make

enscript

magic

GCC compiler version 3.2

CUPS development libraries

SANE-Backend development libraries version 1.0.13

Most likely, you do not have the make, make.devel and CUPS development library packages installed. Go to the Mandrake package instllation (Control Center) and see if installing the required packages helps.

Have you also tried to e-mail Lexmark about compatability with Mandrake 10?

Finally, did you read the readme file for the package?

I'm sure this will not be an easy task. Let us know what you have and we will try to help.

P.S. Take a look at this post.

Well, I am pretty new with Linux but as far as I can tell I have everything installed that I need. But I am still getting errors when I try to run make. I have done alot of research and this printer is supported. I just can't find any install help.

Sorry wrong link. I know some of the stuff came from mandrake update and all. I don't remember where the rest were from