Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

Live!ware 3 and Dell Win2k Drivers

For all you people using the live!ware from dell which is like 2.2 or something I have gotten live!ware 3 to work. Only problem I have had so far is that surround mixer won't work with the dell drivers. Other than that it works fine =)

whict one you think sound better ThC 129

Dell or LW3 ?.

I have a friend that says he likes the dell, personally I like the LW 3. I just miss the surround mixer.

To install it just install the dell drivers then run the live!ware 3 setup. If you hear crackling just mute your CD-Audio otherwise it works fine. Im not sure if it will happen with everyone. Also it works with the universal inf

[This message has been edited by ThC 129 (edited 20 February 2000).]

Yeah... I was able to get lw3 to install to, and have the same problem with the surround mixer, it just crashes when you try to start it. I think it has something to do with missing dll's for the mixer that don't get installed with the dell drivers... it would take quite a bit of hacking of the dell inf to add the right dll's and even then I don't think it would work properly... we'll just have to wait on creative unfortunately...

sorry to burst your bubble but liveware 3 has worked the whole time

its worked for me with the original win2k drivers but never with the mixer cos that needs the special dlls etc of the native drivers

------------------

well, I cant get the livedrive unit working with the platinium so Im still stuck without digital out, without FS2500 speakers and with having to fumble around the back on my machine to plug in headphones