Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
stOn3r

need gmail.?

I also have a ton of gmail invites, email me at freemyweed@gmail.com with the email addie you want the invitation sent to. will do my best to get everyone set up.

same here, i just got another 50, email me at eddie314@gmail.com, first come first serve.

who hasn't had one forever, but the fact remains, i got 50 and need to get rid of them, so if you got a sibling, or a spouse...family member or pet that wants one, send me an email and i'll hook anyone up.

LOL, love is in the air.....

What happens if you dont use the invites?

Do you win something if you you can hand out all your invites?

I've still got all of my invites as well, I dont really know what the big deal is about these invites, almost every forum there's someone trying to get rid of their invites, why?

oh god, it seems NTC's been taken over by kiddies waiting to start a flame war. thanks but no thanks. in response to Wicked101's question reguarding the gmail invites, i like to get rid of them for the same reason people climb mountains, cause they are there, out of all honesty i'd much rather google send me a frickin tshirt or something useful rather than bundle after bundle of invitations, considering that people are emailing and requesting like hotcakes...apparently some think they are still "exclusive" as Malaris has stated. Although i wasn't aware gmail was a status symbol...then OR now. so if you don't want a gmail invite, don't f.uckin reply, its a waste of space.

ATTN mods: might as well lock and close this thread, i can see where its going.

Please wait don't cut that thread yet....

Eddie, i'm interested about this GMail. i never had a gmail before and im not sure what is the diference between regular emails and gnails, is it the size, the mechanics, the system?

thanx......

GMail is an interesting social experiment organised by the Google folks where the bottom line is to create more advertising opportunities for them to sell.

However the world has seen the rise and expansion of the GMail phenomenon:

"Gmail was announced exactly one year ago, on the April Fool’s Day last year, and has forever changed the history of web mail. Well, at least in terms of mailbox size. I thought it was a joke last year, but no one is doubting its existence by now. It has became my secondary email account since I got mine June last year, and meanwhile it has grown so many new features - except it has not grown out its “beta” status." --from http://scott.yang.id.au/2005/04/one-year-of-gmail/

So the service gets announced and everyone gets excited, from "yay a new toy/service" excited to "my god google will search/read/archive all my mail and hold it against my great grandchildren" excited by the tin-foil hat brigade.

In the beginning GMail was exclusive and a good tool for people who wanted to email big stuff or those who just say "ha I'm cool and have a gmail account" but these people are the ones who know first hand what an atomic wedgie feels like. At one point people were auctioning off GMail invites on eBay etc for silly sums and now I can't give mine away.

The amount you can use keeps increasing, just sit at http://gmail.com for a while and watch the counter spin - I have 2140+MB available. I could actually give two ducks about the 2GB of space and the colours and the archiving etc etc. The main thing I care about is the free forwarding to another email account which is what I wanted so I can easily change ISP when I get pissed off and just redirect my mail. I could use Yahoo or Hotmail premium packages but I don't want to pay for it when I already pay for the internet.

Funny thing is you have to make 3 seperate actions to delete any mail, it's like they don't want to lose your data (argh get my tin-foil hat) but I don't get spam from them and it's free so I don't care.

Who should want know what anyone does with their computer and why.

my tin-foil hat is staying on for now thankyou.