Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chuckk3

Help!!!!!!!!!

just got brave and set up a dual boot with Fedora and XP.Can't get my printer to work.print configuration doesn't offer my printer as one of its choices.found some websites that offer what to me seems like very complicated steps to get the thing working.I have a Epson Stylus Photo R200.Where is the driver for it?How do I install it.i know absolutely nothing about Linux so bear with me please.I need to learn this for school anyhow,just trying to get a head start.It also will not pick up my dial up modem for some reason

Hey chuckk3, have you tried googling to find the driver for your printer. Just type something like your printer name and model linux driver.

As far as your dial up modem...it sounds like you have one of those winmodems...that are usually dificult to find drivers, but I think there's a post around here that list gives a link to all the linux drivers for dial up modems.

What kind of modem do you have?

For various reasons, I will NEVER buy another Epson printer. If it turns out that you can't get it working, you can never go wrong with an HP. If you buy an HP, your Epson will make a damned nice boat anchor. wink

Let's hear more about that modem of yours. There may be a way to get it working without too much difficulty... as long as we know what make and model it is. smile

I use an r300 and its works fine using the latest (beta) of gimp-print. You will need to install this but it might be a bit difficult if your new to linux. Never tried Fedora so dont know what your up against. Was fairly easy using an RPM file with Suse 9.2.

Regards, Pete