Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
yschion

HELP! A poor soul in despair

I'm getting a headache.. I don't know what to do anymore. This is the situation: i had win98 installed on the comp with 2 partitions: C and D. I recently installed the net through a local ISP provider and the tehnician installed winxp cause he said it's better.Now i wanna format C:. I insert the FDD for win98 to start up DOS, i try to format C: and ... surprise!! All i managed to do was to erase all data from D. The drive C has completely disappeared without a trace.Everything i have is A:(the fdd), C: (the former D) D(who is now the temporary drive) E(the cd-rom) and F(the cd-wr).:((( I can't find the C drive where i had installed all program files and winxp. What is there to be done?Why is that happening?Is it because of the XP?Or the tehician changed something in my partition settings??? Help, please!

I found it:( The dude changed the partition to NTFS. I'm gonna change it back to fat32. Now i gotta find out how. If you know, pls detail here cause i'm pretty much lost in space.

There are two ways to convert NTFS to fat32.

(One) you need to remove and recreate the partition through fdisk. Then format the partition.

(Two) You can use the latest (and greatest) version of Partiotion Magic. This tool can (I haven't tested this) convert NTFS to FAT32 without losing any data (supposedly).

ive done that many a times smile

hehe.

and ive resized many PT's too. its a greate tool worth all the money.