Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
amitmljain

Is it possible to change bootloader from Grub to LILO???????

In Redhat 9(shrike) is it possible to change bootloader from Grub to LILO if anyone is having more than one os.???????

if yes then how to do it?????

OK, you have two posts. Which do you want to do, use lilo or grub? Either one will allow dual boot with Windows or as many other Linux distros that you want.

Let us know what other distros that you want to use.

Hi , I wanna to use LILO,But due problems after installation that is i have selecetd LILO as a boot loader while installation but after installation the boot screen does not shows the os to chose from as iam also having Windows XP,and i have chosen Windows XP as default bootfrom.

Thats why i have installed Grub but Now i wanna to change the bootloader from Grub to LILO.IS it Possible??????

if yes How???????

[

I got to tell you, I used to be a die-hard lilo user. I now use grub...it is much more flexible. We just had a post from another user with the same issue. Apparently, if you choose to make Windows the default OS, it boots directly. He also used RedHat 9 also. Any possibility to post your grub.conf? We can take a look at it and see if we can get it going correctly.

If not, I can look up the other post and probably guide you along.

There may be one setting (the seconds that grub will pause before booting an OS) to solve the issue. If you have the RedHat install disk #1, then we can probably fix this.

To answer your question more directly, yes, you can change to lilo, but I don't have redhat on any of my systems currently and will have to research this (the easy way) vs. the command line option.

Did you tell Grub to install itself to the MBR or to the root partition?

Did you make a boot floppy by any chance?