Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GDragon777

GAK8NXP-SLI

I've been having trouble with my ps2 keyboard on this rig. When the machine boots into windows xp, the keyboard does not work. In the device manager the driver says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I've tried a different keyboard with the same result. If the driver is uninstalled, the keyboard will work for one boot, before reverting to it's error status. I'm wondering if this means I've got a bum ps2 port, or is it a device driver or bios update that is my problem.

I've upgrade the drivers to 6.39 off of nvidia's website to address this and another problem:

The T.I. IEEE1394b controller sometimes takes a significant while to long into my lan, saying that a cable is disconnected. I've tried different cables so that's not it. I figured it mighta' been the active armor conflicting with the DI-604 router. So far it looks like the driver update is doing the trick. I haven't tried the other ethernet controller.

Athlon64 3200+ Winchester

Stock Retail AMD cooler

GA-K8NXP-SLI Gigabyte mainboard (nforce 4)

2 X PC3200 corsair 512MB VS1GBKIT400

1 X evga e-GeForce 6600 (256MB PCI-e)

Diamond Max 16 80GB 5400 rpm 2MB HDD ata 133

genericfireballp 60 GB 7200 rpm 2MB HDD ata 100

NEC ND-3520A oem dvd burner

Athena AGPB Dual Ceramic fan 500W AP-P4ATX50F12

Intergraph 21sd95 21” crt

Hi,

Did you get drivers with your keyboard? (some does) try to install them when the keyboard is working and restart to see if it works.

If XP has a driver installed already and you remove it it puts it back after every restart, you have to replace it.

I know that not everyone has a lot of keyboards laying around the house like I do, but would it be possible to try a different keyboard? Like a non-multimedia keyboard? That way you can rule out if it is either the keyboard or the port itself.

What kind of lan do you have? Is this a client-server network? Or is this just a bunch of computers networked via a switch/router?

Also, I'm just curious, why are you using firewire to connect your network up, instead of your giga-ethernet port?

Tried two different keyboards, one the old packard bell 101/102 key, and another a memorex 101/102. Both are standard no-frills keyboards. No special buttons for web navigation, and both are known to work on machines also running XP pro sp2.

I found mention to that problem on anoter board: http://www.techimo.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1421550#post1421550

The lan is the CICADA8201 Gigabit LAN port to a netgear 4 port 10/100 switch to a DI-604 router to the sprint dsl modem. I've tried bypassing the switch and connecting to the router with no additional sucess. The network is shared by two-four other machines, all macs usually.

Dunno why I said I was using my firewire, how silly of me. Nothing about that controller appears in the control panel as far as I can tell, and the 1394 is mentioned in the network adapters section, so I cut n' pasted.