Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
matttah

java boxes a bit off..and what not

I have a prog that runs in java(scottrader) and well the prob is the drop down boxes are all black(so i can't see the writing) but when i look at it via windwos and what not it appears fine..and i can't find anyway to change the color of the boxes in the prog itself, so what do i do? here is a ss of what i mean.http://img129.exs.cx/img129/1682/stock1sq.png

Thanks.

Daum

The settings are a little funny for some reason. In the charts window click on the rightmost dropdown box, then select what would be at the bottom of the list. That is really the settings menu. This opens up a configuration box where you can change the background to something other than black, so you can see the black letters in the dropdown boxes.

When I change the background it only does it of the chart...is there a drop box that my java is neglecting to show in the config window=p

Daum

Interesting. I don't know how to help you then. When I change the background color it does it for the entire charts window including the drop downs.

Sorry, I just looked at the image you had posted, and it does look like you're missing a drop box. I have three, then a button that says "go", then another drop box. It's this last, fourth, drop box that does the settings.

I'm running sun java jre 1.5.0_01, on Fedora Core 3, 2.6.10-1.770_FC3 kernel. I noticed you're running KDE. I'm running gnome. I don't know it that makes a difference or not. Oh yeah, firefox 1.0.1.