Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bael

SBLive! Problem (non-Liveware related)

After installing Win2k on my computer (specs below) the only sound I get is a repetitve clicking (think: mouse click) noise or loud static. Win2k has it listed that I do indeed have a SB Live! card installed, and that it is 'working properly' - but I get no sound other than what I mentioned above.

I've searched all over the 'net looking for any similar problems but have come across none.. and I know a few people who have Live! cards that installed (the same way) and have had no problem.

Any ideas on what could be the cause?

The troubleshooter suggested removing the card and placing it into another PCI slot - which I will probably do tomorrow to see if it is the cause of it.. but I wanted to ask in here first to see if anyone knew anything about it.

My system:

Supermicro P6DBE motherboard (Dual)

Single Pentium III 450Mhz

256MB SDRAM

SBLive! Value (using drivers provided on Win2k CD)

Any help would be appreciated.. thnx..

-Bael

Yah I had this problem with the windows CD drivers. Get the dell ones they are much better because you get EAX back and the sound is 100 x better

Ok, never doubt the Windows 2k troubleshooter.. wink I did what it told me I might need to do (take out card and place into new PCI slot) - and it works flawlessly now.

I'm not going to get the Liveware! stuff until Creative Labs officially releases it tho.

-Bael

Dell's release is the official release.

Creative will release something almost exactly like this with the updated INF file initially before Liveware 4. As long as you install the Liveware (which seems to be a mixture of everything) properly, it'll be fine.

I'm glad it works. wink

Brendan