Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gmenik

xp to 98 dialup server

hi how do i set up my windows xp to connect to windows98 dialup server. my older98 os before i just dial the phone no. and i can access my work win98 computer. i'm using xp now pls help. thanx in advance.

For this, you are more than likely going to have to ask your work's network admins.

thnx for your response, i have a very small bussiness screen printing w/ 2 employee. i have only one computer @ work so no admin. i set up dialup server in my office so i can access programs. i can access it @ home before when i have win 98 but i upgrade to xp pro. i set to dial @ work the problem right now is asking for user and password which it doesn't exist. i don't put user and password to win98. do i need to put username and password on 98 box? pls help

Ok, now I understand. But, I'm not sure how one goes about this. So, I'm doing a bit of research. There are a lot of tech saavy people here, surely one of them will drop on by. But, I'll be looking into it.

thanks man ihope so. anybody knows a forum that might be able to solve this problem. i saw the same topic here but no one knows the answer too.

i can hardly believe it. what happen to those people that knows this problem. they long gone. anyway thankx all

Well, not too many people ran dialup on 98 (which is a good thing), which is likely why there aren't many responses.

Try looking at your dialup properties on your XP box and matching them with your 98 box.

Go to My Network Places, right-click, choose properties.

Right-click on dialup connection, go to properties

Click on the Security TAB and check the settings. (probably CHAP)

You also might need "Client for Microsoft Networks" installed.

I'd like to help more but I've never been crazy enough to use 98 as a dialup server before. laugh