Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pmistry

Windows XP Folder Behavior Messed Up

I recently installed this registry tweak that allowed me to print a directory's file listing right from Explorer.

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article01-451

However, now my default folder behavior is incorrect. When I double click my computer, it opens up Explorer all ready to go at My Computer. Before it used to open a single window for My Computer with a detail pane on the left. Launching Control Panel does the same thing, and I am not sure how I fixed this, but before when I used to browse in Explorer, double clicking a sub directory in the right pane would open a new window to browse, rather than opening in the same window....DESPITE the fact I have open each folder in the same window selected in Folder Options.

Is there anyway I can reset this folder behavior?

Hey great stuff Alec...managed to fix the issue, its strange how Microsoft never put this feature into Windows, (being able to print a directory's listing.)

If I remember correctly the old Windows NT, and Win 3.1 "File Manager" had the option to print directory listings.

This feature should be in Longhorn. MS's knowledge base also has the above mentioned "hack" to print a directory listing.

I just went back through the registry to delete the keys that got put there, the reason why I didn't do so in the first place was because I went to the Folder Options and started messing with the "Folder" type setting. I may have messed it up more or something. I reinstalled that tweak, and then uninstalled it again, by removing the registry entry. It seems to have worked now which is a good thing.

It sure does, hopefully some new source ports will come along. I am quite interested in some Unreal engine ports, if Epic will ever allow the source for those games. That Unreal engine is still nice but its compatibility with newer hardware is annoying. But a port that supported all the Unreal games would be nice...actually I am going to post this rant into that CLASSICS thread...