Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shakedown

Issue with IE and WAN

All mighty guru's,

I have an issue with a web based configuration menu, my home LAN, and the WAN.

I have a program that allows me to manage it through a web browser. I can connect to the site and login fine but when I click on a link IE asks if I want to save a file. I have no idea what file it is as it has my domain as the name minus the ".com" and no extension. The type says Unknown File Type and the size varies. I saved the file and tried to open it just to read jibberish. I tried opening it with IE and nothing happend, absolutely nothing. This happens on any PC on the LAN so I seriously doubt it is a PC configuration issue.

The fun starts when I connect to the same site from another PC outside my LAN. IT WORKS FINE.

I have rebuilt my DNS tables and reflashed my router with various firmware. All have the same result.

This seems to have started when I installed Routing and Remote Access to play with VPNs, but when I found that my ISP is blocking incoming VPN requests (it worked great inside my LAN) I decided to uninstall Routing and Remote Access. I can't verify that this is when it started, but they both happened right around the same time.

All client PCs are Windows XP SP2, including those outside the LAN and the PC I am trying to connect to is Server 2003.

Any ideas? Let me know if there is any more information you might need.

TIA