Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
barberous

win XP dont wnat to play my win 95 Game?

Hello!

I'm having trouble downloading a game that run in window95 on my window XP pc...

Every time i try to download the game there is this message apearing: C:/windows/system32/autoexec.net. (The system file is not suitable for running MS-Dos and Microsoft windows applications.

How do i solve this problem and be able to play a game on my pc!

Thank's to everybody that will help me!

Copy these files:

C:\windows\repair\autoexec.nt

c:\windows\repair\config.nt

to

C:\windows\system32

Also scan your system for viruses and spyware since this problem may be caused by them.

Quote:

went thru that with another guy here in the last 2 days & the last line in it had ALWIL.SYS in it for SOME reason (That's an AVAST antivirus driver looks like because ALWIL? IS Avast stuff... ) apk

According to this Avast forum thread: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?&topic=6958.15, it is bug in Avast installer program and they are aware of it.
They also have posted work around.

<edit>typo attack</edit>

Oh, the irony.

Imagine telling people to scan their system for adware/spyware because of autoexec.nt/config.nt problems. So they download the adware/spyware program and the adware/spyware program causes the problem! heh.

I've seen this problem on systems without adware/spyware programs so it seems to be caused by something else too, at least we have one of the programs pinpointed....finally.