Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wilhelmus

Anybody seen the film "Constantine"?

I prefer buying DVD, if the movie is good and the price is right (read: cheap wink ).

I have once been in theaters and the movie was "Star Wars - The Phantom Menace", so i am not so "movie freak" who sits on theaters. smile

DVDs are good in that way, that you can pause them and continue watching when you have more time.

Originally posted by Alec§taar:

You are a luckier man than most!

I generally prefer to watch DVDs too, for the obvious reasons, such as the little extra featurettes you get with them, and the ability to pause/rewind them etc.

but...

There is just something about the atmosphere in a theatre that grabs me

wink

I don't know...I play DVDs through a projector onto a screen, and have a fairly decent surround sound setup, it comes close-ish to the cinema experience.

All I need now is a house where I can leave it setup permanently, with the projector suspended from the ceiling, and the speaker wires hidden properly.

I've just started subscribing to a DVD rental scheme in the UK - you pay a certain amount each month (gbp£10), make a list of the DVDs you want to watch, and they send you the first one on the list. You get to keep this for as long as you want; they don't send the next on the list until you've returned the film.

We've found that it's a great way of catching up on films we wanted to see, but didn't necessarily want to buy until we'd seen them. Not only that, you don't have to wander to the video rental store, only to find that all the copies of the film you wanted to watch are unavailable ;(

Rgds

AndyF

I saw it over the weekend and enjoyed it.

I like Keanu Reeves, he might not be the highest quality actor but I find him entertaining and he tends to fit his roles. The character he plays in Constantine is similar to his role as Neo in the Matrix in that he's given this role in life that he didn't choose to be in and is trying to make what he can out of it.

There are a few cheesy moments, but hey it's a comic book film. I'd probably put it in the same category as Daredevil. The hero has no special powers, and his motives aren't always for the good of others. But in the end he does the right/ good thing.

It wasn't the best movie I've ever seen but it was entertaining enough that I'll buy it when it comes out on dvd.

Originally posted by AndyFair:

Quote:
All I need now is a house where I can leave it setup permanently, with the projector suspended from the ceiling, and the speaker wires hidden properly.

wink You can set it up at my house permanently with no problems at all, I'll even set it up for you and do the wires nicely wink

Originally posted by Wicked101:

Quote:

Quote:

wink You can set it up at my house permanently with no problems at all, I'll even set it up for you and do the wires nicely wink

Hmmm...forgive me if I don't take you up on that offer wink

Quote:
Hmmm...forgive me if I don't take you up on that offer wink

I forgive you;), just lending a helping hand;)