Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mad

Dell's SBLive! drivers....

Jabba - well, here's the tough way but won't mean a reinstall - uninstall the sblive from device manager, shut down, pull the card, reboot, delete the files (they shouldn't be protected or in use), pop the card back in and install the new ones. If your hd is FAT32 you could also boot with a win98 floppy and simply delete them from the command prompt. I would recommend using the newest .inf that you will see described in a couple of other threads and replace the one in the Liveware package with it.

Good luck!

SHS - maybe the BSOD is from the .inf that was included with the dell package. That revamped .inf has supposedly done away with those bsod's. At any rate you have a nice clean system now <g>.

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

Yup, works now smile Only trouble now is that that I get this annoying intermittent scratchy distortion/buzz in my output. Happens every 5 - 10 seconds and lasts only a second. Anyone else experience this? I'm using the latest .inf that's available at this time. It's not my card - works fine in windows 98.

No idea - I would take that one to the CL SBlive newsgroup. Good luck!

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

just delete them manually Jabba .. Windows Commander did the job for me - the .cmd file is still great for testing if everything is removed .. just run it and see if there are still some "Could not delete"'s

edited: oops didnt see all the replys.. ignore this post wink

[This message has been edited by Distar (edited 20 February 2000).]