Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
emccornack

Untitled thread

Hello Everyone,

Im installing mandrake 10.0. All is well so far. However iam unable to install my sound card. It is a Creative SB Audigy LS. I think model #SBO162. Mandrake didnt detect it at all. Its a couple yrs old but i dont think its antique yet....lol. Would appreciate any help you could give me. IAM A NEWBIE....BE GENTLE....

Ernie

[Edited by emccornack on 2005-02-16 14:47:52]

Open a terminal and become root by typing:

su

And pressing [enter]

Then type:

alsaconf [enter]

Follow the on screen instructions. If you don't have alsaconf, see this page for an easy "how to" to get alsa sound on your Mandrake box. If after running alsaconf, it doesn't see your soundcard, post back and we'll have to formulate a "Plan B." wink

Hi Dapper,

Well, did as you said. All went well until i got to the part about alsamixergui. It said command not found. Just for grins i by passed it and it went to search for s. cards. Said didnt find and pnp or pic cards etc. So i guess as you suggested its time for that plan B or im missing something.... Appreciate alot your time and help with this.

Ernie

Sorry it took a while to get back with you on this emccornack, but I've been trying to compile the 2.6.10 kernel for Slackware 10.1 and have had similar sound problems. I thought if I held off, I might be able to help you better having had to re-compile my kernel to include the ensonique modules so alsaconf could configure my card.

OK....

Have a look at this...

http://www.linuxcompatible.org/thread28166-1.html

Also, would you post the output of your:

/sbin/lsmod

?