Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
xloudandnoisy

grim fandango problem :/

new to these forums, by the way, so hi laugh

but i digress. so here's the story. my old computer, which ran xp and had a new hard drive in it, and really wasn't old per se, ran grim fandango perfectly fine. after i finished it, i uninstalled it. when i tried to reinstall it on the same computer, i got a message stating that "c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft windows applications. chose 'close' to terminate the application," either slecetion just causes the window to close out. the funny thing is, this particular system file does not exist on that computer.

i am now getting the same message and problem with my new computer. i've tried lucas arts support system, and found it to be lagging, and useless. three emails after the fact, i got very vague instructions that solved nothing.

windows xp compatibility wizard was also unable to help.

any suggestions?

Copy the files autoexec.nt and config.nt from c:\windows\repair to c:\windows\system32

Also you may need to adware scan and virus scan your system, since this problem may be caused by a virus.

Just signed up 2day so hey y'all!

every time i try to install grim fandango it sez sumthin about c:/windows/system32/autoexec.xp. so i looked in c:/windows/repair and theres nothing there and i cant find the system 32 folder either. i ran an adware and antivirus and it still wont work. please help me!!! smile

[Edited by blooregard iii on 2005-07-14 07:52:42]